Monday, September 30, 2013

Day 36: July 7th, Tagging up with BuzzCap7


After a nice breakfast with GR and his lovely sweetheart I prepped the bike making sure it had oil, air in tires, and loaded my gear.  GR and I are headed to Lisbon, a small town in Ohio that houses the Steel Trolley Diner.  BuzzCap7 (BC7) has been wanting to go there for some “F*^king Pie”……as he and GR refer to it.

BC7 is riding in from Baaaston, MA on his way to Council Bluffs NE where I’m supposed to meet him after hanging out with my USMC flying buddy in Nashville.  Unfortunately my buddy, who is an international consultant, got a gig and had to work the weekend.  So, GR graciously invited me to go back to Ohio with him so I can tag up with BC7 at the Steel Trolley.

GR and I have been trying to figure out a way to surprise BC7 but the dude has an iPhone with every app on it and he stalks my bike since it is equipped with the LiveViewGPS!  No matter what act of subterfuge we would think of it would always fall apart because of the iPhone.  So we decided just to ride to the meeting point and not try any funny stuff.  And sure enough, when we arrived at the parking lot BC7 was already there, iPhone in hand, expecting the two of us!!

It was a great reunion for the three of us and we had a fun time at the Steel Trolley having coffee and f**king pie and telling stories that escalated the BS.

After pie we decided to ride back to GR’s place so BC7 could meet GR’s wife.  And this is where the real fun began.  BC7 is in total fear of riding on gravel.  GR’s house is set back in the woods and the ride into the barn is via all gravel!

BC7 made it in, we posed for pics, and then we were off to Brownsburg IN where we would end our first day of riding. 

I took the lead out the gravel road and reached the little country road where the asphalt started and looked in my mirror for Buzz…..no Buzz!  Where the heck is he?  After about 5 minutes he finally came up the gravel and was not looking too happy.  Turns out that he almost spun out of control on the grave as he gave his 103 power!

After that the ride was uneventful and we successfully reached Brownsburg with plenty of daylight. 

I’m looking forward to riding out to all the destinations we have planned for the next 2 weeks in the west.
C ya’ll mañana,
Gonzo
Twitter: @GonzoCrossUSA
Email: GonzoCrossUSA@gmail.com
Cell: 949-433-0761

No comments:

Post a Comment