Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Days 28-32: June 29th – July 3rd, Hanging with Bro in MD

This was a good visit with bro and friends in MD.  Big dinner was in progress at Peggy’s when I arrived.  It was good to get an excellent home cooked meal and bask in the warmth of friendship.

During my visit I went on a couple of job sites with bro.  One very interesting one was a home that was on the side of a hill.  The front of the house sat on basement cinder blocks that were set into the hill.  The back of the basement opened up to a patio and view of the river/creek that ran along the bottom of the hill about 100 yards away.

Here has been much rain in the last month and the hill had basically absorbed all it could and finally slid away, pushing the  front of the basement about two feet inward.  Fortunately the beams and other structural  upgrades had kept the house from collapsing.  Bro was there to give a bid on re-construction.  This was going to be tricky as the ground/hill in front of the house had to be dug out with a backhoe, structural supports would be required to support the house while the basement is rebuilt.

On the 3rd it was time for me to load up and head out to Waynesboro where I would meet GlideRider (Bob Rogers) for our 15 best ride down the Blue Ridge, Back of the Dragon and Tail of the Dragon in TN.

Of course, it began raining on me just as I crossed into VA from MD.  Never fails!  GlideRider (GR) was already at the Motel waiting for me when I arrived, which was about 7:30 pm, just before sunset.  It was good to see Bob, share a pizza and get some sleep in preparation for the big ride tomorrow down the “Ridge”.
C ya mañana,
Gonzo
Twitter: @GonzoCrossUSA
Email: GonzoCrossUSA@gmail.com
Cell: 949-433-0761

No comments:

Post a Comment