Friday, June 28, 2013

Day 18: June 19th, Ohio Hospitality


Skies were still cloudy in the morning but no rain and no lightning.  Today’s objective is to reach GlideRider’s place in Ohio.  With good weather and no traffic I should be able to travel the 600+ miles.

The route for today took me north around St. Louis so no heavy traffic was encountered.  It was I-70 all the way to Columbus OH where I connected to I-71 heading to east of Mansfield where GlideRider was going to meet me and we’d then ride to his place in the country.

We connected and reached his place at around 8:30pm….a long day and 642 miles. 
I met Carol, his lovely wife, and we all had a wonderful dinner and a glass of wine.  I was pretty tuckered out by then so it was a shower and bed. 
 
GR has a very interesting house.  The original structure of the kitchen and dining room was built in 1875 and he added on to it.  He and Carol have pretty much designed all the remodels and add-ons, and GR also built a huge “barn” where he keeps the two cars and two bikes.  The upstairs barn area is for him and his buddies when they break out their guitars and drums and start jammin’.  Da Dude's a moosician too!

I should make up some stories about my two buddies, Buzz and Bob, or Swamp Buzz and Country Bob…..yep, think I will, should be fun.

I have three days to reach Madawaska….Bob thinks I can make it in two.  I’m beginning to feel better about it….hope I can do it in two.  That would be a total of 20 days and will make it easier to divide into the total mileage to come up with a good average of daily miles.
C ya mañana,
Gonzo
Twitter: @GonzoCrossUSA
Email: GonzoCrossUSA@gmail.com
Cell: 949-433-0761
LiveViewGPS: 70.169.216.3/specialevent.aspx?cid=liveviewgps&login=gonzo.ronald@live.com&pwd=7082

No comments:

Post a Comment