Monday, September 12, 2011

Day One

September 10, 2011
Aberdeen MD
                Had a bit of a challenge getting out of town.  After loading the bike up Bro and I rode over to the Ace HW for a few more bungie cords and I didn’t like the way the bike was handling…a little too much weight  affecting the balance….seemed like my center of gravity was off.  So we headed back to the house and I ditched the leathers, small cooler, extra helmet, and other things…about 20 lbs.  Made a big difference when we headed out again.
                Bro followed me for about 20 miles on his Harley to make sure all was well.  He confirmed my route again and gave me a few pointers.  We parted and I headed off to pick up the MD2 which showed up real quick.  I pulled off a small road and called Peggy to confirm and when turning around on the gravel I dropped the bike!  Crap!  Fortunately, with a lotta leg strength I got Sophia upright.  But navigating these country roads is a challenge.  Finally hit I-95 and arrived at Aberdeen at the Edgewood side.  At the gate I got directions to Skipper’s Point Recreation area but found it all muddy from the rains.  Ended up dropping the bike again when my foot slipped out on unseen mud.  Again, got it up and got the hell outa there and went to a hotel.
                Once I had the bike unloaded and settled into the room, I went out for a sandwich.  When I returned I knew it was going to rain so I went to the room to get the bike cover and upon exiting the front entrance I was greeted with a torrential downpour!  What is it about MD and the East Coast?  Cant they join the SW in a drought so I can enjoy my rides???
                Anyhow, finally settled down for the night….hoping to never again drop Sophia…way too hard getting her upright…and risking her displeasure with me ):
C ya mañana
Gonzo
twitter: @GonzoCrossUSA
email:  GonzoCrossUSA@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment