Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Stolen Helmet

September 13, 2011
Fairfield CT
                Well, this trip is getting to be real exciting.  Last nite my helmet disappeared and I called the police for them to interrogate two guests of the hotel who were smoking near the bike as I carried my bags in to the room.  Needless to say, they were innocent and a search of their room as well as friends rooms uncovered nothing.
                Hard way to learn a lesson….leave nothing loose on the bike.  I’ll have to change my plans and ride up to Bristol near Hartford to get an exact replacement…They’re the only store open on a Monday in CT and RI…..the two states that don’t have helmet laws.  I need to get it Monday however as I will be traveling thru MA and that state has helmet required law.
                Good News, as I was carrying my things past the front desk, the Hotel Clerk, Melissa, called me over and putting a helmet on the counter asked if this was what I had lost.  Seems that the cleaning ladies found it in an empty room….go figure, huh?
                As Gus (GM) was coming in to the hotel I told him about the find.  He was very gracious and still insisted on comping the room for me even tho the helmet was found and returned.
                My ride up the CT coast and into RI was uneventful and enjoyable.  Spent the night in a small local hotel in Walpole MA
                So again, a great lesson learned with only a little pain L, but no loss.
                BTW, in addition to carrying all items immediately into my hotel room, I also remove saddlebags, luggage rack, sissy bar, and back rest.
                Don’t wanna learn any more lessons J
C ya mañana
Gonzo
twitter: @GonzoCrossUSA
email: GonzoCrossUSA@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. When riding 21,475 miles across the USA, I didn't get anything taken from my bike. It too is a Road King Classic, without locks on the saddlebags, but nothing went missing in 4 months. I never did leave my helmet on the bike though. Glad yours was found.

    ReplyDelete