Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Laundry & Writing

August 28/29, 2012
Springerville AZ

T’was a slow day…purposely so.  Got up when I woke up, felt good enough to stay up.  Strolled over to the motel office for some dark liquid and then hunkered down to play catch up on the blog writing.  Seems I am not as disciplined as I would like to think I am.  The long hours of riding each day doesn’t leave me much time left to write.

The blogs are significantly behind…so much so that I think I’ll start writing beginning with the ride from Lewiston to Burley and complete the stories forward to now.  Then when I have time I’ll fill in the stories prior to Burley back to Sturgis. 

The only news to put in for today….besides doing laundry, writing
blogs, doing a quick tour of this nice town of Springerville, is that I met Steve Pennington of the Hollister PD.  He’s riding a Harley Road Glide and is doing some touring while on vacation.  I look forward to hooking up with him when I land in San Jose for a couple of weeks near the end of September.  Needless to say…I failed to take the requisite photos to place in the Blog!

Bob Rogers showed up about mid-day, pounding on the door, yelling “Open up! Police! Open up!”   

Like…..dude, that wasn’t hard to figure out.

Looks like the next day of riding with him over the US-191 from Springerville to Three Way AZ is going to be fun!

I just hope there’s no roadside drop-offs into bottomless eternity L.
C ya mañana,
Gonzo
Twitter: @GonzoCrossUSA
Email: GonzoCrossUSA@gmail.com
Cell:  949-433-0761

No comments:

Post a Comment