Friday, October 7, 2011

Little League

October 6, 2011
York PA
            During breakfast I noticed a few more pics on the walls in the Dining Room…Little League Pics!  Research on the internet confirmed that the LL World Series is indeed here in South Williamsport.  So my first stop upon leaving Genetti’s was to Lamade Stadium for a coupla pics….then to Horsepower H-D.
             Lamade Stadium is awesome!  So perfectly manicured…I can just imagine the awe that a young Little Leaguer would have upon attaining the playoff level in this stadium.  Hell, I’m sure coaches and families are equally impressed!




            While at Horsepower HD in Williamsport I met Kevin Decker, the manager of the store, and he bird dogged me to the pinup Tshirts.  The logo they have on the back of their shirts is absolutely awesome!  It is of a rearing stallion with a mane of flames…couldn’t resist…had to buy it.  Kim Dugan, also a store manager, told me that the ladies in the store designed the flaming mane stallion….they did a great job…I like it a lot.
Outside I donned the windbreaking raingear as it was still cold and a 75 mph chill factor would definitely cut thru the jeans like a hot fart on a freezing Western New York day (I couldn’t resist this horrible analogy L.)
            The ride was an easy one.  Weather was cool but began warming up around 2pm.  Traffic was light, no construction interference, hwy changes were easy, and the countryside remained Getting through Harrisburg was a piece of cake although I regret the route I ultimately took.  Google had me going directly through downtown but I chose to circle around the city via 91N and pick up the 283 to I-83.  As I was crossing over the wide Susquehanna I could see the downtown as well as 3 multi-arched bridges.  The multi arch appearance was similar to pictures I saw of a Roman aqueduct passing 20 feet above a road somewhere in Italy…many arches.  Oh well, I’m sure the bridge I was on was also multi-arched.  The run was along the river for many miles, very pretty but scary.  The river is only 4 feet or so below the bank….hence Irene must’ve caused it to flood.
            H-D York operations was easy to find, but my 3:00 arrival was after the last tour.  So, I decided to spend the night nearby and catch the morning tour. 
            Then from there, I’m heading to Gettysburg National Military Park…only 33 miles away.  After that I’ll head to Lusby MD and hang out with bro…play some golf and plan a trip to NC to visit bro #2.
            Sis got an interview scheduled for Friday…so tonight I’ll help her prepare for it.  
            Wish her luck, she deserves it J.
C ya mañana,
Gonzo
twitter: @GonzoCrossUSA
email: GonzoCrossUSA@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment