Sunday, October 2, 2011

Time Travelin’

September 24, 2011
North Tonawand NY
            Time Travelin’, how often do you wish we could do such a thing?  What would you do if you had such a capability??  Where and when would you have gone into the past to revisit something in history, or something in your own personal life, to prevent something, or to cause something to happen??  Where and why would you go into the future to somehow affect the current state of things.
            What prompted this reflection upon time travel?  I got sis the video “The Time Traverler’s Wife”.  It is a charming story.  But a story which still causes a wave of emotion upon me.
            I prefer not living in the past but it seems as if visiting here in the Tonawanda’s I have time traveled into the past.  Memories of events flood back into my consciousness.  Most memories joyous, of thrilling accomplishments, warming memories of youth; but some memories painful, harsh, sad, trials and failures, emotional scars carried through life and detracting from those joyous ones.  
I can only watch some of this movie, The Time Traveler’s Wife, for it keeps bringing back joyful memories that cannot be shared with those loved past.  But that is the value of memories.
I am glad that I have taken this venture of riding my Harley throughout America, even though I interrupted my western travels.  The eastern travels are awakening good memories, are renewing family relationships, strengthening my inner core to step into the future of the end.
I value my past, where I came from, my small accomplishments, what my family gave me to be capable of traveling my life’s journey, seeding me with the tools to survive.  I hope those seeds were passed on to my successors as they pursue their journey.
My journey still continues into the future with more of life to be experienced, but for now, I will just continue on working in the time present building new “memories”.
C ya mañana,
Gonzo
twitter: @GonzoCrossUSA
email: GonzoCrossUSA@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment