Sunday, October 2, 2011

Oh Canada !

September 20, 2011
Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada
            Woke up to a sunny day….no rain as was originally forecasted.  Talked sis into following me in her car over to Canada so we can take some pics of me and Sophia with the American Falls in the background.
            The ride over was easy….paid $3.25 to cross over the Rainbow Bridge from NF USA into NF, Ontario, Canada…had a brief chat with the USA toll person in regards to my rides and gave him my business card but forgot to ask his name to mention here.  Quick questions by the Canadian guard…where were I going, what will I be doing, how long will I be staying, any weapons….very simple stuff.  There was no one in line behind me so we chatted about my bike travels and I gave her my “Gonzo” card also….she was a cutie J. 
            We rode around the town as I got my bearings then headed “down” Clifton Hill and found the Harley store.  We parked Ginny’s car in the public parking ($10) and I parked on the street where there was just enough room for Sophia ($2).  The store was not a dealership but just a retail outlet…tourist trap.  A pinup t-shirt with a cutie wearing a Mountie outfit and leaning on a bike cost me $37 arrrrggghhhhh!!  But, that is my collection for this trip.
            We then headed down to the main parkway that follows the gorge where all the tourists walk to view the American and Canadian (Horseshoe) Falls.  The Canadians have beautified their Falls, placed islands between the two lanes of road traffic, flowers, plants, bushes and trees trimmed nicely, etc.  Directly across from the American Falls I found a bricked surface in the island where I could put Sophia, and sis could then take a pic from the other side of the road capturing the American Falls behind me.  Worked out great!
With that done we headed back to USA….but first had to enjoy Homeland’s Security delays trying to get back into my own country.  It took almost 40 minutes in line.  When it was my turn with the agent I didn’t mind at all….an absolutely gorgeous young lady with the most beautiful blue eyes…..I dragged out the interrogation for as long as I could…gave her my card…but she hasn’t called….it’s rough being old and ugly J.
            Once thru the bridge Sis and I headed over to Tim Horton’s for a Chili lunch and cup of their fabulous arabica blend coffee.  We chatted for an hour over a relaxing lunch then headed back to the apt.
            It was good to visit my mother’s country and look across The Gorge at the country she gave me.
C ya mañana,
Gonzo
twitter: @GonzoCrossUSA
email: GonzoCrossUSA@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment