Saturday, August 25, 2012

I’m a Holly Spears fan !

August 19, 2012
Percival, Iowa

 
It was a long days ride to get here.  But I feel good that I covered 570 miles.  Along the way I noticed a van pulling a trailer with the cursive name on it “Holly Spears” with a portrait of a lovely young lady.  But I couldn’t tell what she was all about.  Well, as I was entering the motel in Percival there was the rig parked in front of the Wendy’s next to the motel, and 3 young men with 2 young ladies were walking towards the rig.  They stopped to let me go by but I stopped aside the rig, cut the engine and asked “What and Who is Holly Spears”?

Here’s a pic of the group.  Holly is the young lady sitting on Sophia, she is the lead singer and lyrcist.  Behind her, left to right is Alex (Base), Jeremy (Drummer), Evan (Lead), and Shannon (Key supporter and organizer). They are on their way from Nashville to Fargo for a gig. I haven’t had a chance to listen to Holly’s CD’s she gave me but I did get to hear a you tube song….she has a beautiful voice and gorgeous smile.  These young musicians are chasing their dream and I hope they make it.

At the hotel I met a couple from Orlando but didn’t see them again or get to hear their story.  However, two other riders, also from Orlando, pulled in; Mike and Marge Williams.  Mike is a Harley mechanic at Gator Harley and Marge has been with DisneyWorld for over 30 years.  They were on their way home after being in Sturgis for the rally.

Tomorrow I hope to make it to Ellsworth AFB.  In the morning I will check on making a reservation at the Base Inn.  Otherwise it’ll be camp time on the base recreation camp facility.

Hope all of you are chasing your dream J
C ya mañana,
Gonzo
Twitter: @GonzoCrossUSA
Cell: 949-433-0761

No comments:

Post a Comment