Saturday, August 13, 2011

Down Under Up In Utah

July 5, 2011

Slept for about 5 hrs then headed for the courtesy breakfast Quality Inn provided for guests.  I was expecting the usual continental but I actually had a ticket for the breakfast buffet at JB’s restaurant conveniently located next door.  Had coffee, scrambled onion-grn pepper eggs and bacon. 

After serving myself from the buffet I selected a table and sat down.  Unknowing to me, the couple that entered JB’s ahead of me had also selected the tabbe-the gentleman came over to get a small item on the table that I hadn’t noticed.  I apologized and started to move.  He told me that it was OK and I could detect an Aussie accent.  I moved anyhow and so did he and his companion…oh well.

Finishing the last of my bacon and coffee I overheard another lady telling her male friends about a biker crash she witnessed…was a bad one, guy trapped unde the car and screaming.  I finished eating and passing their booth I said, “I get real nervous when I hear stories like that!

I forgot the waitress’s name (bummer), but she was originally from OC and her son and daughter live in San Clemente. 

Out in the parking lot, getting ready to roll, I saw the Aussie couple again and we got to chattin.  His name is Sid from Sydney Australia and his gal is Kathleen.  They  have been travelin the world and are now crossing the USA heading back to Aussie Land.
C ya mañana
Gonzo
twitter:  @GonzoCrossUSA

No comments:

Post a Comment