Thursday, August 18, 2011

Gail’s H-D & Truman Farm

August 14, 2011
Twas a lucky day today.  When I started my twitter: @GonzoCrossUSA, Gail’s H-D, Grandview, MO was one of the early connections made.  So naturally, upon leaving CA one of the objectives on this trip was to visit the dealership, get a Gail’s T, and possibly meet the young lady herself.
I pooped out around Abilene, KS and decided to call it a night at a rest stop when I received a tweet from Gail’s H-D announcing their Hoka Hey party that night…bummer…I was too far away to reach it.
In the morning, after passing thr u Kansas City, I turned south on the 71 and headed to Grandview expecting to see it open.  About 10 miles out I realized it was Sunday and I should have called first to see if the store was open….I’m glad I didn’t, cuz they were closed.
However.
I continued on to the store deciding to leave my card if they were closed.  Sure enough, as I turned off onto 150 I could see the store with an empty parking lot working on its suntan.  So I pulled in anyhow.
And guess what?  The service dept was open….Gails H-D was a check point for the Hoka Hey challenge.  After parking the rig, Adam came over to greet me and I explained why I was there and the hope of getting a T.  He turned me over to John Crabbe who took me into the closed store to his new bride Dani who helped me select a nice T and then over to Doug Dolton in the service area to ring it up…talk about being lucky!
But the luck didn’t end there.  As I was exiting the Service Door, none other than Gail herself pulled up on her beautiful Harley Softail.  It was a tough choice as too which one to admire the most…bike or Gail….but Gail won out…what a cutie!!  Made me wish I was 40 again J.  The pic is taken in front of her store…and what a store it is….OC Irvine eat your heart out J.

After leaving Gail’s H-D I headed over to the Truman Farm and took a pic of me on the front porch.  This farmhouse is a two story and might be a total of 1000 sqft.  Can you imagine such a great president coming from such a beginning?  One of Truman’s quotes was, “I thot that by cussing mules and plowing corn I could perhaps overcome my shyness and amount to something.” 

Well, I’ve done my share of cussing and that hasn’t amounted me to much…maybe I need a mule and plow L.
C ya mañana
Gonzo
twitter:  @GonzoCrossUSA

No comments:

Post a Comment