Saturday, August 13, 2011

Jackass In Hwy

August 10, 2011
Today was a slow day.  Left #Chip for hotel in Custer.  After Toby’s freakin fantastic show last night I decided not to drive back to the hotel but instead to sleep it off on the air mattress in back of the Expedition.

After taking care of personal business via the internet (none #Chip) I jumped on the bike and headed to Custer Park specifically to run the Wildlife Loop.  No, there weren’t a bunch of bikers on display behind bars! 



Saw the weirdest thing, coming around a hairpin curve there’s brake lites glaring at me.  Stopped just in time but couldn’t see what the problem was until making the final turn at slow speed.  OMGosh…a freaking JACKASS standing smack dab in the middle of the narrow road.  Bikers gingerly passing on its left and on its right.  I eased up on it side very gingerly because the JACKASS’s ass was pointed my way and I didn’t want to be the beneficiary if the darn thing decided to kick!  As I got beside it a big brown eye was turned toward me and seemed to say, “Now who’s the ass dude?”



Later I got to see my first Buffalo/Bison….sleeping in the distant field…wasn’t worth the effort to stop the bike and take a pic so I continued on my ride thru the beautiful Custer State Park; and occasional I reflected on the ass that I am J
C ya mañana
Gonzo
twitter:  @GonzoCrossUSA


No comments:

Post a Comment