Saturday, August 13, 2011

Iowa Soldiers as Neighbors

August 10, 2011

Said goodbye to men and their ladies that camped next to us. 

These are some of the finest young Americans that was my honor to meet.  They were all in the same platoon in Afghanistan and were hanging out together @ #Chip drinking, partying, talking, having a well deserved good time.

They were gr8 neighbors to have on my side….ok, you probably figured it out.  They had buckets of beer sittin out approximately 2 arm lengths from me….and I couldn’t resist borrowing a few from them to take to the Def Leppard concert (but in return, the next day I placed 4 Mexican beers and a bottle of Chardonnay into their bucket). 

I salute these men and their families and am deeply grateful for their service to America.  My apology for any misspelling and incorrect ranks/positions.

Clay Cundy, PltLt, South Dakota
Blake & Kristan Jones, Iowa (Blake is an ordained minister)
Jon & Erica Goodknight, PltSgt, Iowa
Brian Hickle & Patti, Iowa
Jason Boesen, Iowa
These fine young men were with the 133 Infantry Iowa Guard in Nuristan, Afghanistan

Thank you men, America is indebted to you.
C ya mañana
Gonzo
twitter:  @GonzoCrossUSA

No comments:

Post a Comment