Friday, June 28, 2013

Day 13: June 14th, Key West!

My riding buddy, BuzzCap7 was waiting for me in Boca Raton and once we tagged up we headed straight for the Keys.  I remembered last year’s ride to the Keys; going there was in the dark with an arrival at the motel around 11:30 pm.  The morning ride was better, daytime, and I was able to see what it was like to ride into the Keys.

We rode non-stop to the Key West gas station….somethin like 3.5 hours in the saddle….ouch!  Got our gas, made an attempt for a photo at the Post Office front sign but there were too many folks sitting on the wall waiting for a bus. 
 
So we opted to just to the Buoy and get a bunch of clicks.  
Then in short order it was back on the road heading to Boca Raton.
I led back on this leg to Key Largo.  It was a fun ride for me because I didn’t wear the helmet and no bandana.  So the wind was definitely blowing in the hair!  Lotsa fun.

Buzz and his lovely wife Ann Marie hosted me for the night.  It was great to sit down to dinner with them and have a wonderful home cooked meal.  Buzz had gotten Modelo, my favorite beer, for us to have a brewski after the long day’s ride to and back from Key West.  After dinner I got two loads of laundry started and then hit the sack.

This was a long hard day riding about 650 miles over slow Key roads….but the SE corner is done….AND NO RAIN OR TROPICAL STORMS!!!!

Although it was a long day it was made easy with the warmth of friendship.  Here's a pic of
C ya mañana,
Gonzo
Blog:  www.GonzoCrossUSA.blogspot.com
Twitter: @GonzoCrossUSA
Email: GonzoCrossUSA@gmail.com
Cell: 949-433-0761
LiveViewGPS: 70.169.216.3/specialevent.aspx?cid=liveviewgps&login=gonzo.ronald@live.com&pwd=7082

No comments:

Post a Comment