Friday, June 28, 2013

Day 7: June 8th, Two SCMAers meet up on the highway

Steve and I connected via cell phone and agreed to meet in Issaquah.  We arrived within 5 minutes of each other and found a nice place that was serving brunch. 


We exchanged info about the roads, had a great lunch and then he went on to Blaine to finish his True X, and I went on to Lebanon to face the dreaded weather of the east (or is that the Wicked Witch of the East??).

The ride thru Yakima was a lot better this time….light winds, so I felt a lot better.  Entering Oregon was also more pleasant, the sun was behind me and it was nice to be able to see the country side.  Also, I slowed my speed down to about 77mph and that made the ride a lot smoother and easier handling than at 85.

Which brings up another subject: 85mph goes at 25-28mpg and 77mph goes at 35-38mpg.  When factoring in # of stops for gas I wonder which is the best speed to operate and more distance in the same amount of time? 

At La Grange I picked up a KFC dinner cuz Baker City was 40 miles or so away and everything would be closed when I arrived.  It was at nightfall when I reached Baker City and I stayed at the same motel as on my earlier way thru here…the Bridge Street Inn.  The owners there are riders and they give me a discount. 

There were about 30 bikes parked outside of rooms at the Inn.  I met two of the riders, Linda and Beth, from Idaho.  They belong to a group of lady riders and they meet once a year and all go riding together.

Will try to meet more of then tomorrow.
C ya mañana,
Gonzo
Twitter: @GonzoCrossUSA
Email: GonzoCrossUSA@gmail.com
Cell: 949-433-0761
LiveViewGPS: 70.169.216.3/specialevent.aspx?cid=liveviewgps&login=gonzo.ronald@live.com&pwd=7082

No comments:

Post a Comment