Friday, June 28, 2013

Day 4: June 5th, Almost through WY

The morning started off with a light rain.  Out on the highway it got very cold, so cold that I pulled onto the side of the road to find my facemask.  Local sheriff stopped to tell me it wasn’t that cold!  Yeah, well, he’s in a heated SUV…I felt like suggesting that he ride for 50 miles at 65mph with his face sticking out the side window in the rain…then tell me if it is cold enough.  Obviously I didn’t make the retort.

By the time we reached I-80 I was definitely cold.  Face was warm but gloves were wet and torso was chilled.  I pulled into a Pilot gas station for adjustment.  An additional heavy long sleeve t-shirt under the leathers and rain gear, and my winter ski gloves that I brought just for this occasion!  BTW, the Pilot at 183 and I-80 doesn’t have 91 Octane.

The intermittent light rain finally went away and it was smooth sailing into WY. Skies were totally clear!  Only discomfort was the incessant wind buffeting. I called it a night around 8pm when I reached Rock Springs.  Rode 622 miles today.  Hoping tomorrow is dry and less windy as we head into Utah, Idaho, and into Oregon (if I make it that far).
C ya mañana,
Gonzo
Twitter: @GonzoCrossUSA
Email: GonzoCrossUSA@gmail.com
Cell: 949-433-0761
LiveViewGPS: 70.169.216.3/specialevent.aspx?cid=liveviewgps&login=gonzo.ronald@live.com&pwd=7082

No comments:

Post a Comment