Friday, June 28, 2013

Day 2: June 3rd, Colorado Dust Storm

Slept well, loaded the bike and rode outa Gallup at a gallop J.

Found out from LiveViewGPS that my tracker is indeed working.  Family and friends can track my location by clicking the link at the end of this post.

The ride was pretty uneventful.  The day warmed up to the point where the leather jacket got stowed and the riding shirt came on over the T.

I-40 took me into Albuquerque where I turned south on I-25.  This is my first time on this stretch of rode and once again I’m amazed with the beauty of our America!  Having been in the White Sands part of southern NM I was blown away to be riding through forests!

Crossing over the CO state line I could see what looked like a rain burst about 20 miles ahead.  As I got closer it became evident that Sophia (my Harley Road King), Snoopy (my flying buddy) and I were not going to beat it.  So I pulled onto the side of the road to don the rain gear.  Looking up to check the location of the rain I was stunned to see that it was practically upon me!  Just as I got the jacket on WHAM!  it strucks us with a moving force. But it was odd…..there was no WET!  What in the world is this??  Later at the Trinidad Days Inn I found out it was a dust storm.  Not sand! All my gear had a fine coat of dust on it.

By the way, if you spend the night in Trinidad CO  I highly recommend the DaysInn there.  It is a converted Best Western and the owners have gone all out to make it one of the best.
C ya mañana,
Gonzo
Twitter: @GonzoCrossUSA
Email: GonzoCrossUSA@gmail.com
Cell: 949-433-0761
LiveViewGPS: 70.169.216.3/specialevent.aspx?cid=liveviewgps&login=gonzo.ronald@live.com&pwd=7082

 

No comments:

Post a Comment