Wednesday, July 18, 2012

El Paso Heat


July 5, 2012

Fort Stockton TX

Got out of Las Cruces around 1030 and headed up the 25 for a short ways where it terminated into the I-10 heading east to El Paso.  The heat is building up….no overcast to protect me like yesterday from Yuma to LC.

Prior to leaving I gave a check of the oil level and was 3/4 quart low….just the amount left in a previously opened quart being carried in the saddlebag.  After pouring it all in I decided that a short stop at the ELP Harley to replenish my oil supply would be a good idea.  Yeah, well, that was a time waster.


I pulled into Barnets Harley on the I-10.  Found the synthetic oil and stood at the parts counter waiting to be cashed out.  And I waited, and waited.  Only two clerks, one on the phone blahblah, and one with a lady customer, blahblah. So I took the oil to the front counter and the clerk looked at it, then at me, and said “you have to pay for that in parts”. Back at parts it was still blahblah.  So I left without the oil….screw Barnett’s, will never go there again.

I was sweating tons when I worked my way through the frontage roads trying to get past the lights and back on the I-10 to get some flowing air to cool off.  After numerous construction stops and traffic lights I finally did and got out of that town. 

By the way, one thing I noticed about life here….very, very slooowwww. Service is not a prompt commodity….but perhaps it is me as I was trying to hurry and make it to Junction to be positioned for the Three Sisters ride.

I gave up trying for Junction as dusk was occurring, and I was getting tired.  So I pulled into Fort Stockton for the night.

By the way, the heat was so bad that I was drinking a bottle of water almost every 50-70 miles trying to keep hydrated.  Never once going to the bathroom

Maybe that’s why life is so slow here….its mind numbing.
C ya maƱana,
Gonzo
Twitter: @GonzoCrossUSA
Cell: 949-433-0761

No comments:

Post a Comment